1. Chewing on gum while cutting onions can help a person from stop
producing tears. Try it next time you chop these bulbs.
2. Until babies are six months old, they can breathe and swallow at
the same time. Indeed convenient!
3. Offered a new pen to write with, 97% of all people will write their own name!
4. Male mosquitoes are vegetarians. Only females bite and savour blood.
5. The average person’s field of vision encompasses a 200-degree wide angle.
6. To find out if a watermelon is ripe, knock it, and if it sounds
hollow then it is ripe.
7. Canadians can send letters with personalized postage stamps showing
their own photos on each stamp.
8. Babies’ eyes do not produce tears until the baby is approximately
six to eight weeks old.
9. It actaully snowed in the Sahara Desert in February of 1979. Can
you beat that!!
10. Plants watered with warm water grow larger and more quickly than
plants watered with cold water.
11. Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in
your ear by 700 times.
12. Grapes explode when you put them in the microwave.
13. Those stars and colours you see when you rub your eyes are called
14. Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and
ears never stop growing.
15. Everyone’s tongue print is different, like fingerprints.
16. Contrary to popular belief, a swallowed chewing gum doesn’t stay
in the gut. It will pass through the system and be excreted.
17. At 40 degrees centigrade a person loses about 14.4 calories per
hour by breathing.
18. There is a hotel in Sweden built entirely out of ice; it is
rebuilt every year.
19. Cats, camels and giraffes are the only animals in the world that
walk right foot, right foot, left foot, left foot, rather than right
foot, left foot .
20. Onions help reduce cholesterol if eaten after fatty meals.
21. The sound you hear when you crack your knuckles is actually the
sound of nitrogen gas bubbles bursting.